CHICO, CA – September 9, 2017 – Shane Stewart passed local driver Justin Sanders to win his eighth World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Series Feature of the season, but his first Gold Cup Race of Champions. Sanders finished a career-best second with Friday’s winner Kyle Hirst completing the podium.
Before the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Car Feature pushed off, Stewart already knew that team owner Kyle Larson picked up the NASCAR victory. Stewart, who is no stranger to Victory Lane at Silver Dollar Speedway, can finally cross off the Gold Cup Race of Champions off his bucket list.
“When you retire, you are only remembered for the big races you win and this was one that I’ve always wanted to win. We’ve been close the last few years and to finally get it means so much to me,” Stewart said.
Kyle Hirst was all smiles after finishing on the podium and thanked the California faithful multiple times for packing the stands all weekend at the Gold Cup Race of Champions.Results from Silver Dollar Speedway September 9, 2017
Feature (40 Laps):
1. 2-Shane Stewart 2. 121-Justin Sanders
3. 83-Kyle Hirst 4. 35-Jamie Veal;
5. 29-Willie Croft 6. 49-Brad Sweet
7. 21X-Carson Macedo 8. 37-Mitchell Faccinto
9. 17-Jac Haudenschild 10. 1S-Logan Schuchart
11. 15-Donny Schatz 12. 41-Jason Johnson
13. O-Bud Kaeding 14. 41S-Dominic Scelzi
15. 9-Daryn Pittman 16. 3C-DJ Netto
17. 7-Kalib Henry 18. 5-David Gravel
19. 21W-Jake Wheeler 20. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild
21. 24-Rico Abreu 22. 20-Cory Eliason
23. 83-Jonathan Allard 24. 75-Sean Becker
Both Shane Stewart and Kyle Hirst are to race here in the Porter Hire International Sprint Car Series starting on the 9th December at Vodafone Speedway – Western Springs.
For all ticket and event details go to www.springsspeedway.com