We have been advised of counterfeit Sparco branded seatbelts being advertised for sale on Trade Me with FIA approval labels which are incorrect and cannot be used for Speedway use.
Details of the harness as it is being advertised are:
1. Brand New 5 Point Racing / Safety Harness
2. It has Sparco branding on it
3. The seller on TradeMe is Impartsnz user name
Things to look for are:
1. The FIA Homologation Label is sewn onto the Lap Strap instead of the mandated Shoulder Strap
2. There is no FIA Holographic Sticker attached with the Standards label
3. The FIA Standard shown on the Standards label is 8855.98 which is for a 4 Strap Harness only, but the Homologation Number on the same label is FIA D 279.98 which is for a 6 Strap Harness
4. There is a combination of FIA B 279.98 and FIA D 279.98 labels on different straps.
5. As a 5 Strap Harness, all the Straps should have FIA C ### but none have
6. The price is $55.00 with a validity up to 2020, so the price is a giveaway.
TradeMe and the FIA have been advised of these counterfeit belts and both companies are looking into this.
The Sparco importer for NZ has also been made aware of this.