WXC Speedway Western Springs has now been operating at the venue in Auckland for over 85 years and is considered to be the ‘premier open-wheel venue in the country.’ With over 120 contracted competitors in 5 separate classes, over 65 volunteers and support staff and an annual crowd attendance exceeding 100,000 people, the venue is held in very high regard both here in New Zealand, and around the world.
In order to meet the demands of the sport, WXC Speedway Western Springs is looking to appoint a Head Referee. This position will both support and lead the current team of Referees at the venue. There will be a financial consideration made to the successful applicant.
The successful applicant would have:
- A history in motorsport, whilst it may not be specifically around Speedway, it would be an advantage given the specific complexities of oval dirt racing.
- A good understanding of the Speedway NZ Rule Book
- A high level of accuracy
- Solid interpersonal, organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Have a type of personality that earns the respect of the competitors, whilst ensuring total compliance of the rules by them.
- The ability to convene on a regular basis with the Clerk of the Course to better understand how decisions made affected all parties.
- To ensure all penalties imposed are both consistent and compliant.
- The ability to embrace change and constantly work to improve processes.
- The capacity to attend all SNZ Training Seminars relating to this position.
The position requires the successful applicant to attend all 12 events held at WXC Speedway Western Springs along with all joint venture events held at North Island tracks.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com along with your CV by Wednesday the 11th May 2016.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence.