Conditions of Entry to the Venue
Western Springs Stadium Terms & Conditions of Entry:
The following conditions of entry are required by all visitors to the stadium to meet.
DISCLAIMER EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK MOTOR SPORT IS DANGEROUS
In exchange for being able to attend or participate in the event, you agree: to release Speedway New Zealand Limited, Speedway Racing Limited and the promoters, sponsor organisations, land owners and lessees, organisers of the event, their respective servants, officials, representatives and agents from all liability for your death, personal injury (including burns), psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage) (“harm”) howsoever arising from your participation in or attendance at the event, except to the extent prohibited by law;
that SNZ, SPL, and the Associated Entities do not make any warranty, implied or express, that the event services will be provided with due care and skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied; and to attend or participate in the event at your own risk.
You acknowledge that: the risks associated with attending or participating in the event include the risk that you may suffer harm as a result of: motor vehicles (or parts of them) colliding with other motor vehicles, material from the racing surface, persons or property; acts of violence and other harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons attending or participating in the event; and the failure or unsuitability of facilities (including grand-stands, fences and guard rails) to ensure the safety of persons or property at the event.
Motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to you. You accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by SNZ and the above mentioned entities.
- Management reserves the right to inspect and / or search bags, motor vehicles, trailers and motorcycles brought into or out of the venue. This may require the person’s assistance.
- Persons gaining unauthorised access to Western Springs Stadium will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Persons who use offensive or threatening language, cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with requests made by WXC Speedway – Western Springs staff will be evicted.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into or taken from the stadium.
- Children must be supervised by a responsible adult or guardian at all times.
- Persons who throw articles or gain unauthorised entry onto the circuit will be evicted and may be liable for prosecution.
- Persons consent to the recording of their image or likeness including audio and visual.
- Persons bringing personal items into the stadium do so at their own risk and WxC Speedway – Western Springs will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of personal property.
- Any unauthorised commercial activity including ticket selling, soliciting, customer surveying, or attaching advertisements is not permitted.
- Any unauthorised capturing of images for commercial use or broadcast in any format is not permitted.
- Use of rope, bunting, poles, temporary fencing, tarpaulin, paint, or any other materials to create segregated or reserved viewing areas is strictly prohibited.
- Any property left unattended at the conclusion of each day will be deemed abandoned.
- Camera and video recording equipment are permitted in the stadium only on the condition that all ownership in the property rights in any images of the event FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL AND PRIVATE USE ONLY. You are not permitted to make any images or footage available to any other person by any means for any purpose whatsoever. “Held under the General Regulation of Speedway New Zealand Inc.”
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all persons, management reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly;
Failure to comply with a direction from Western Springs Stadium staff, security staff or NZ Police to leave the event venue may render the ticket holder liable to arrest and prosecution for the offence of trespass under section 4 Trespass Act 1980 which is punishable on conviction by a fine not exceeding $1,000 or a term of imprisonment not exceeding 3 months.
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons;
- Refuse entry to persons who attempt to bring any restricted or prohibited items into the stadium.
RESTRICTED / PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following items are not permissible in the stadium:
- Glass or breakable containers;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Illicit drugs;
- Flares, fireworks, laser pointers, knives, firearms, dangerous weapons or any device that has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance;
- Air horns;
- Gas BBQ’s, gas bottles or any naked flames;
- Spray cans or compressed air canisters;
- All animals except guiding or assistance animals;
- Skateboards, bicycles, scooters and roller blades;
- Recording devices for commercial purposes;
- Platforms, structures or materials to be used to erect platforms or other viewing platforms;
- Commercial, political or offensive clothing, banners, logos or signage;
- Outlaw motorcycle or crime gang colours;
- Any items or goods for public sale.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Persons are permitted to bring the following items into the stadium:
- Pre-packaged food such as sandwiches, fruit, biscuits, crisps, etc. for individual consumption;
- Unopened non-alcoholic beverages for individual consumption.
- Persons are not permitted to bring packaged or commercial branded food and beverage products to the stadium.
All persons entering the stadium are advised that:
- They are entering licenced premises;
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter;
- Persons in possession of liquor will not be permitted to enter;
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering;
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the premises;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase and consume liquor;
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors;
- Persons supplying liquor to minors will be reported to the Police and penalties may apply.
- Persons under 25 years of age may need to show valid ID as proof of age for purchase and consumption of liquor.
Western Springs Stadium has designated smoking areas within the stadium. Please use these areas.
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED PROPERTY
Stadium management take no responsibility for any damage to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property while on stadium property.